What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is created through the fermentation of crushed apples to produce a type of vinegar. The apple cider vinegar we desire is medium amber colored, unpasteurized or organic, and contains the “mother” which is a cobweb like substance. Apple cider vinegar is typically used as a salad dressing, marinade, food preservative, as well as a variety of other uses.
The benefits of ACV?
The main ingredient in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. Acetic acid is a mild acid that is responsible for the majority of all the benefits. When purchasing your apple cider vinegar, ensure it contains the “mother”, organic, and unpasteurized to ensure you maintain as much of the beneficial nutrients as possible. Some of the benefits include:
– Increases availability of nutrients – releases iron to improve oxygen rich hemoglobin function and cardiac health
– Natural thermogenic – increases bodies abilities to burn calories by raising metabolism
– Contains pectin – absorbs water in stomach to produce a feeling of satiety (aids in weight loss)
– Improves digestion – helps with the digestion of protein
– Increases human growth hormone – by improving digestion of protein HGH is synthasized easier thus resting BMR is raised and allows for more calories to be burned at rest to include sleeping
– Helps to maintain a positive balance in electrolytes – provides potassium to help offset the typical high sodium lifestyle. With a balance, excessive water weight caused by sodium can be shed. This is helps with cardiac health.
– Reduces triglycerides and total cholesterol – increases cardiac health
– Eliminates toxins – alkalizes blood to assist in mobilizing and eliminating toxins built up in the body. Restores pH balance in the body to improve mood, increase energy, decrease irritability, and decrease stress.
– Increases immune system – attributed the elimination of toxins as well as other possible benefits such as possible increase in HGH.
Directions for Use: 2 tablespoons mixed in 8 oz water drank twice per day. (3-6 times per day for weight loss)